Friday, November 16, 2012

Stop with all the Social Media: Day 3
Today, is the third day to see how not doing Facebook affects my life by not doing it for a week. I knew that I did too much Facebook , but I kind of miss doing it a lot. First of all I am not getting distracted from any productive work that I have to do like school work and my social life.  For the last two days finding productive things to do has really helped me not think about doing Facebook for at least a week. I am now reading a lot of books when I am not studying I think its good way to help me make myself smarter and I thought by doing this it will increase my vocabulary skills. Another productive thing that I have done throughout the two days in my experiment is I have now played some XBOX on my T.V. I did this because I  thought that it was good for coordination because sometimes I seem to have bad coordination skills so that really helped me besides sitting on my computer doing Facebook all the time.

I have also been kind of playing some basketball outside of my house , but the only problem was is that it was really cold. Other than it being cold outside I really enjoyed being able to play with my friends I really got a good type of exercise out of it so I can myself become even more fit. After playing basketball I went to back home and I was talking to my family because I wanted to spent a lot of quality time with them before I have not been able to talk to my family a whole lot. My dad doesn't even have a Facebook so that totally made me forget about social Media for a while. My family gave me a couple of old newspapers to read because I told me try to know what is going on in this world today. By reading these newspapers now I have a more knowledge and understanding of what is going around in this world whether it is just politics or if it is just sports because as I was reading the newspapers it just really got me interested in that.

So far I am quite happy that my experiment has gone well even if it was just one day. Allowing myself to do Facebook has really put a big distraction on other things that I had to do. At the same time when I was doing Facebook my mind just thought about other things as well. Now I am definitely doing things that interests me but before I didn't do any of these things because I got sucked into what is called social media with Facebook. It all got pushed back because I just knew that it was just a waste of time for me. Well only 5 more days to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment