Wednesday, November 14, 2012

 Intro Day 1                                                                                                                                               Can you imagine if your parents were watching you chatting with your friends or even uploading a lot of photos? Then suddenly your parents get so upset that they tell you that I am going to block your account for now and they tell you that I will not let you go on Facebook. I myself do Facebook for at least three days a week so its going to put a bigger change in our society.

I am giving up Social Media with Facebook because now I have realized that its just a waste of time and it just keeps me away from all the other things that I have to get done. I feel like when I am doing Facebook I get really addicted to it and that I don't pay attention to anything else that is going around me. I know that I have better things to do with my life than do just cha with my friends on Facebook.

My plan sounds very simple enough. is just stop doing Facebook for at least a week or so. This morning I didn't even go near my computer and I totally just didn't pay attention. I told my parents that I would stop doing Facebook for some time and that I hope they could understand what I am trying to do with my experiment.

I also use more social media sites other than Facebook I also have an account on Twitter and I do the same exact things that I do on Facebook. I still chat with my friends and upload new photos. I usually spend about an hour doing Facebook and Twitter before I study and do other busy things in my life.

I think to me I might face some problems because I do like to chat with all of my friends because I think its pretty cool. My biggest problem is what other things can I do in my free time when I am not doing Facebook and all. As this is still a problem I am looking forward to finding new productive things to do with my life besides doing Facebook all the time. I have always try to read books , but now that Facebook is around this society today I think I get addicted to that more.

I am also looking forward of not doing Facebook will effect my life. I would be more than happy to find productive things to do with my time rather than doing some Facebook. I am also very concerned about not doing  Facebook could effect all of my friends and family. More quality time with my family will be actually better than doing Facebook because it would be fun trying to talk to my  family. I am really trying to find productive things to do with my time I think this could be very interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Nice topic Varun! I myself do not use social netwroking sites like facebook and twitter but I do know a lot of others who do. I have witnessed friends of mine to waste hours of their time on facebook and twitter and now that it is mobile on your cell phone people really go the extreme with it. To me it seems like these sites connected us at first but know they are keeping us away from each other physically. Keeping us cooped up on a computer. My idea of catching up with family is actually going to visit them not sitting on a computer typing to each other.
    Overall I think your blog is going to be very interesting because social networking seems to be a big part of your life. I am also looking forward to seeing what you come up with to do in your spare time. I gave up TV so any ideas on constructive things to do with my free time would be appreciated. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to challenge yourself! I admit, I am an Internet addict. I would absolutely hate this experiment haha. Then again, most teenagers and even adults are addicted to the technology nowadays. It is rather sad in some ways, but I personally love that I can be so far from home and my friends and family and maintain a connection with them. I would be quite upset without it! But I'm sure you will do fine :).
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete